Monday, April 8, 2013

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

This is my very first blog post and I have to admit I am a little nervous. I have been a teacher for the last 6 years, but after reading so many great teaching blogs I was intimidated to start my own. With the encouragement of my wonderful husband, family, and teacher friends I am starting a blog and starting to sell some of the things I make on Teachers Pay Teachers.

My passion truly is teaching and I am so blessed to be at a school that encourages us to try new things and create different activities to meet our standards. I LOVE LOVE LOVE technology and try to put new technology resources to work daily in my class. One of the best tech tools that I have come across is the the SMART board. I truly am one of SMART technologies biggest fans! The very first thing that I posted on TPT for sale is my April calendar. I do ALL of my calendar math on the SMART board and oh how my kiddos love it! They love getting to come up and move things and write on the SMART board. I use this time to review key skills that maybe they are struggling with or just need review on. Not only do I use it on the SMART board, my kids follow along on their recording sheet. I also use a great App on our class ipad called GoodNotes for my student of the day to follow along and record on the ipad. They love it! I have been so pleased with how my kids have bumped up their math knowledge and skills. If you are interested in my calendar click the pictures below to go check it out on TPT. 



I hope everyone has a great day and enjoyed this little post. Please leave me a comment about what you think of my blog and what I need to do better.

Also, you can follow me on Pinterest as well!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're off to a great start! I'd love to feature you on My Tuesday feature "New Teacher Blog Tuesday" sometime!
    Welcome to the world of blogging! :)
    Dana
    www.funin1stgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete