Friday, April 26, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party...April 26th}

TGIF!!!!
Does anyone else feel that way today? I am so ready for the weekend!

This week has been a long and busy week! Lots of great things happened though so I have a lot to be thankful for!

1. ONLY 6 more weeks of school! It has been a great year and I have learned a lot, but I am so ready for summer! I will definitely miss my kiddos, but I know they are ready to be second graders and for summer! What plans do y'all have for the summer? I plan on relaxing and working on some great units and projects for bext year! Also, spending my 1st summer as a married couple with my fabulous husband! I am SOOOOO excited!

2. It is my students teachers last week. :( She has been such a GREAT addition to our class and she will be greatly missed! My kids keep asking if she is coming back, which I'm sure she will ;). I have been so blessed to have a fabulous student teacher, I know that isn't always the case. I will miss our daily chats about school, life, and random things! Lauren, not only are you gonna be a GREAT teacher I am so glad to be able to call you a friend! 1C will definitely miss you!

3. STAAR Testing is over! I am so glad that I don't have to threaten my kiddos to be quiet in the hallway, and be super super serious about it!

4. Our house is feeling more and more like a home! I love that my husband and I are able to work together to make this house a home that is comfortable and warm! 

5. I was totally humbled by my fellow teachers and princpals today. I was given the Trailblazer Award for this 6 weeks. This is an award that is given to one teacher in our school each six weeks and is nominated by my fellow teachers. I was in shock! I have to admit I was a little teary when my principal shared with the students, parents, and staff why I was recieving it: "This teacher is someone who NEVER gives up on her students, her heart may fall at times, but she gets back up and celebrates and pushes her students forward. Not only that she does research and will do anything to make sure her students succeed. Even if that means writing a grant to get something her students need that the school can't afford." Thank you so much and I am so humbled by this honor!


Have a great and restful weekend!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment