Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blessed

Wow! I had such a great day yesterday!

Thank you to all of you that looked at my blog and gave me feedback it meant so much to me! I also want to thank Dana at Fun in First Grade for her kind comment and the opportunity to be featured on her blog. I appreciate it more than you know!

I also found out yesterday that my DonorsChoose.org grant was fully funded! That means in the next 3-4 weeks I will be receiving 18 exercise balls to use as chairs in my class! This is something that I have been wanting to do for the last 4 years and just haven't done. I finally decided to give it a shot when I saw the following video of a school in Garland, TX.


I have been putting my kids that have trouble focusing and constantly moving, you know the ones I'm talking about. I have had so much success with this over the last several years that I couldn't help but wonder if it wouldn't be good for ALL kids. Then my dad sent me some research that backed my idea up, at that point I jumped on it. I wrote a project proposal on Donorschoose.org and one week later it was fully funded! You can take a look at my project here. Come back to see more updates and ways that we use the balls in weeks to come!


Can't wait for this to be all of my little ones!

Have a great and blessed day!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I COMPLETELY LOVE the balls. I used the balls for a couple of my students when I taught Kinder a while back and they are so great. There is a better option for the balls; however. I used the stable exercise balls with the base at the bottom. This prevented the balls from rolling around the classroom -although, I am an organization freak, so the moving balls may not bother you...hahaha

    I actually use a ball with an adjustable height as my office chair and it has completely made a difference in my posture and helped with back problems.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and I think your blog looks great. Getting followers just takes time and consistency (trust me - my kids were my first followers..hahaha)

    Michelle
    The 3AM Teacher
    Visit My FB Page

    ReplyDelete