Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kindergarten Fun!

This has been such a busy week, I am so glad tomorrow is Friday! Our school did something really cool this week. We all mixed up for one day. Every teacher on our campus got put in a different grade level and classroom for the day. This is our way of building relationships with students in other grades and classes! I was so excited because I got to be in Kindergarten! The last time I was in kinder was student teaching and I LOVED it! I could not wait to be in kinder and I got to teach one of my sweet friends class, which made it even better! After spending the day with these kinders I can't wait to see them next year in 1st grade! I had so much fun that I thought I would share it with you.

First thing Wednesday morning I picked up her sweet class from the cafeteria! I just have to tell you it warmed my heart how stinkin' excited they were that I was their teacher for the day. They immediately started talking to me about how excited they are about next year and what they have been learning in kinder. It had to have been the funniest and warm walk down the hallway ever. It was great to hear and see how much they have learned this year!

When we got in the room the first thing they did was unpack and write in their journals. The prompt was "I was walking through the jungle and I saw..." They were all writing about the animals that they have learned about while studying the rain forest it was so fun to read and hear them read their writing.

After writing we watched morning announcements and did the morning message. This is something that I haven't done with my kids but I definitely think I might try it next year. It was fun and they were very excited about it.

Then we got to learn about SLOTHS! Yes, you heard me correctly we learned about the Two-Toed Sloth that lives in the Rain forest. First we went to the Smithsonian's website and read the fact sheet and highlighted some of the important and interesting facts. Then we read Slowly, Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth by: Eric Carle. This was such a cute book that would also be great to teach synonyms and vocabulary.

Then they completed the can, have, are chart with me. After that we wrote 2 facts about the sloth and drew a picture in our rain forest flip books. She has some awesome writers in their room and used some of the synonyms in the book!

After that we moved into centers! It was awesome to see these cuties being so independent!




Then it was off the recess! Two of the other teachers on our campus that got put in kindergarten had a blast at recess with out kinders. Does anyone remember Kindergarten Cop?

Then it was time for Picnic lunch, in the classroom because of the rain. It was P day on the ABC countdown till the end of the year in kindergarten. They loved eating in the room. After lunch it was time for Istation in the computer lab, absolutely love how engaged the kids are during that program.

When we returned back to class it was time for math tubs! They were such great mathematicians!

Then they went to PE and it was time for my conference time. After dismissal and duty I returned to my class to

Overall it was great day and I loved being in Kinder. Maybe I could be a kinder teacher? Hmmm something to think about, lol!

After dismissal and duty I returned to my class to find this sweet gift from one of my kiddos. They are so sweet and thoughtful and I am so thankful for my class!

Have a great night!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment